Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best Uni's
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:11 pm 

10 Best Uni's<p>Cards
Giants
Dodgers
A's
Tigers
Brewers
Orioles
Mets
Yanks
Reds

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Best Uni's
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:34 am 

<p>White Sox.<p><p>Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:08 am 

Kevin Bell and Jack Brohamer?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:54 am 

Gawd, those Sox uniforms were ugly. Bill Veeck had the boys looking like slo-pitch softball players.<p>Any discussion of greatest uniforms that doesn't begin with Yankee pinstripes isn't worth having. Any objective baseball fan has to admit the pinstripes are the class of the field. Look at how many uniforms over the years have been knockoffs of the Yankees'--the list includes (just off the top of my head) the Mets, the Padres, the Brewers, the Rockies, the Cubs and the Diamondbacks.<p>That's not to take away from the pureness of the Cards' red and white or the elegant simplicity of the Red Sox' home uniforms (I was disappointed when they changed their road uniforms to red lettering and numbering and added names).<p>But when it comes to great baseball uniforms, there are the Yankees', and there are everyone else's.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:49 am 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wordygurdy:<p>But when it comes to great baseball uniforms, there are the Yankees', and there are everyone else's.[/QB]<hr></blockquote><p>The Yankees made my list only because of their road greys.<p>Personally, I think pinstripes make uni's look like jammies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:14 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wordygurdy:
Any objective baseball fan has to admit the pinstripes are the class of the field.<hr></blockquote><p>This coming from a Yankees fan, I assume?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:24 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Biggdbo:
<p>This coming from a Yankees fan, I assume?<hr></blockquote><p>Sure. That's why I used the qualifier "any objective baseball fan."<p>Why would so many teams use pinstripes as the basis for their uniforms if not out of admiration?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:39 pm 

My point, however, was that it takes a Yankees fan to think that "any objective baseball fan" would agree with him. <p>Most baseball fans would say their team has "arguably" the best unis - or anything else for that matter.<p>Personally, I'm a fan of the Indians' alternate uni - white "vests" with a script "I" on top of dark blue sleeves. But then again, I'm from NE Ohio. <p>But I also wouldn't say that any objective fan must agree with me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:31 pm 

My money goes to the classic Cardinals-Browns World Series. The Cardinals' unis were the best, but the Browns were a close second.<p>This is, of course, coming from a born-and-bred St. Louis fan.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]