Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: What an idea!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:10 pm 

I once wrote a story about the name Z. Zyzor, the last name listed in the St. Petersburg, Florida, phone directory. The name turned out to be a fake, made up long ago by postal workers so that family members could call them in an emergency, just by looking up the last name in the phonebook. What captured my attention was the name. I wondered what the Z stood for: Zelda Zyzor? Zorro Zyzor? And what was it like to go through life last in line? (Roy Peter Clark, Poynter)<p>***I guess Roy never found out.***

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What an idea!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:09 pm 

Roy Peter Clark talked about this at a workshop at Poynter that I attended a couple of months ago. If you guys ever go to Poynter and you discover that he's holding a workshop, go! It was great! And he's a musician too, so he likes to play piano sometimes during the discussion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:41 pm 

Yeah, No. 1, whadda say? Field trip to Poytner?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:57 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JonScribe:
Yeah, No. 1, whadda say? Field trip to Poytner?<hr></blockquote><p>I'm eager to find out who's giving the keynote address at the International Conference.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:46 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wayne Countryman:
<p>I'm eager to find out who's giving the keynote address at the International Conference.<hr></blockquote><p>Whoever it is, you can bet he or she will not sit down at the piano.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]