Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Onward and downward
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 am 

No idea is so bad that you can't find some other doof who thinks it's a good idea. Bonus: Nice job fact-checking the spelling of the capital of the Philippines.

Pasadena publisher launches a system for outsourcing local news

“I’m looking for individuals I can pay a lower rate to do a lot of work,” says Journtent founder James Macpherson

Quote:
A publisher in Pasadena, CA, who said he received death threats when he started hiring workers in India to write local stories five years ago nevertheless has launched a business to help other local publishers start outsourcing.
“We have to cover a lot,” Macpherson said. “Sometimes as many as seven interviews in a day. This is how I solved the problem of time: I outsource virtually everything. I’m primarily looking for individuals who I can pay a lower rate to do a lot of work.”

Macpherson says he thoroughly copyedits every story before it is posted, and that only he and his wife, cofounder of the site, have the power to publish. “Factchecking must be totally controlled in the community,” he said. “There’s no way someone in Manilla can possibly understand what’s happening in Pasadena.”
[CJR]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]