Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: The long learning curve of a rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:48 pm 

From a story about Seattle Mariners rookie pitcher Brandon Morrow:

Scratch all-night delis and club sandwiches from Morrow’s “things to do in spring training” list. When the team arrived in Las Vegas from San Francisco in the wee hours Friday morning, the rookie found a 24-hour sandwich place in the team hotel and devoured a club.

A few hours later, he began throwing up – and didn’t stop for the next eight hours. “About every 15-20 minutes, from 7:30 a.m. until about 3 p.m.,” Morrow said. “I don’t know how much weight I’ve lost. I’m afraid to weigh myself. They gave me medication and put an IV in me and I ate a couple of crackers (Friday night),” Morrow said. “I had toast for breakfast. My appetite is coming along slowly. My biggest concern was that the guys on the team would think I was hung over or something, but once they saw me they knew I was sicker than that.”

It’s not Morrow’s first case of attack by food.

“Last year in college, I bought one of those tubs of lobster bisque … and I didn’t realize it was lobster bisque concentrate,” Morrow said. “I ate it all – and was down for about three days.”

Didn’t he think midway through the tub that it might be different than your usual bisque?

“It tasted really good,” Morrow said.”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]