Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sign him up for 1962 Mets
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:12 am 

A fan was hit in the chest twice by home-run balls in last night's Yankees game. That strikes me as a nearly incredible coincidence. Has anybody heard of such a thing happening before? By the way, he muffed both chances.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:07 am 

That guy should have been ejected for nearly interfering with balls still in play, not glorified in the media. What an arse.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:48 pm 

I didn't see the clips and so didn't know that. I pictured him sitting more or less passively in the stands. That two home-run balls would be hit at the same seat struck me as improbable.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:29 pm 

Oh, no prob, ADK. I didn't mean that to be a veiled shot at you. The guy wasn't passive at all. He was reaching for both balls--in fact, it looked as if he were diving over the metal railing that's a good two feet beyond the right-field wall. On the second homer, it looked as if he almost interfered with the glove of the right fielder, a la Jeffrey Maier in '96.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]