Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: It's early yet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:05 am 

Random thoughts:<p>** The Red Sox have a look about them this year. Unkempt and pissed. If Martinez can regain his form, remember how far Arizona went with Schilling & Johnson a few years ago.<p>** I passed a cable channel showing "The Godfather" on the way to clicking to a Ramirez at-bat. No one else sees the Brando thing?<p>** I don't know how anyone can look at Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera and not see greatness. Jeter shows it in the little things that win game after game. If there ever was a Hall of Fame tag-up, he did it last night. He popped up from his slide like Superman. And Rivera blew only his 3rd postseason save in 33 opportunities, and it almost certainly was because he wasn't warmed up enough.<p>** Wouldn't it be fun if the Sox made it back to the series and ran into Clemens again?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: It's early yet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:52 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jjmoney62:
The Red Sox have a look about them this year. Unkempt and pissed. <hr></blockquote><p>And this is different how?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:02 pm 

Addressing the thoughts:<p>***I always thought Bartolo Colon made a better Brando look-alike, especially after watching him pitch for 6 innings last night.<p>***The unkempt and pissed look for the Red Sox is different this year because they're unkempt and pissed together, as a team. They looked the same way in 2001, except they were pissed at each other. On an unrelated note, I think Curt Shilling could do a better job of managing the the team than Terry Francona.<p>***I see greatness in Jeter and Riveria. If you heard his interview after the game, you'd know that baseball is ingrained in his brain. In the interview, he said he wasn't even looking at the relay throw -- he knew where the ball was going when it Matsui connected. You could tell he had already played out the remaining few seconds of the game in his head -- Matsui hits a liner to right, Jacque Jones is coming in too far, so he has no forward momentum, Lecroy's throw will be off since he's not expecting to cut off Jones' throw, game over. I saw Jeter on third before the ball was hit, and I knew it then. You just *can't* get behind on the Yankees' order in the Bronx in extra innings. IT sickens me to say that, because that was one hell of a home run by Torii Hunter, but when A-Rod doubled into center, I knew the game was over.<p>***I'd love to see the Sox in the Series, but that means they'd be going up against the Cardinals. Clemens would probably beat the Cards in the (at most) two games they would face him, but did you see Game 1?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:42 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Niko Dugan:

***I'd love to see the Sox in the Series, but that means they'd be going up against the Cardinals. Clemens would probably beat the Cards in the (at most) two games they would face him, but did you see Game 1?
<hr></blockquote><p>Sorry, I must have missed the NL playoffs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]