Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sox vs. Yanks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:37 pm 

Here in Beantown, we're still celebrating (well, at least, talking about) the Red Sox's taking two of three games from the hated Yankees.<p>It has me wondering, though, whether the rest of the world really cares about this rivalry.<p>For the record, too, Varitek kicked A-Rod's butt.

Post subject: Re: Sox vs. Yanks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:37 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BlindsideCzech:

It has me wondering, though, whether the rest of the world really cares about this rivalry.
<hr></blockquote><p>Looks like you have your answer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:00 pm 

Most of baseball-interested North America cares, only in the sense that they like to see the Yankees lose. It isn't out of any love for Boston.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:26 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Matthew Grieco:
Most of baseball-interested North America cares, only in the sense that they like to see the Yankees lose. It isn't out of any love for Boston.<hr></blockquote><p>Having lived and worked in the so-called Hub of the Universe for the past five years, there are very few reasons to love Boston, except that it's one of the few remaining two-paper cities in the U.S. and the battle between is is taking a nasty turn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:17 am 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BlindsideCzech:
<p>Having lived and worked in the so-called Hub of the Universe for the past five years, there are very few reasons to love Boston, except that it's one of the few remaining two-paper cities in the U.S. and the battle between is is taking a nasty turn.<hr></blockquote><p>Now THAT's something I'm interested in hearing about. (How's my old hometown, by the way? Recovering from the DNC well enough? No bombs in the Big Dig tunnel?)<p>Do share the newspaper brawl. <p>Jen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:36 pm 

The Hub remains the Hub - style means more than substance, spent jet fuel permeates the air and some Roxbury playgrounds have become killing fields.<p>The DNC, as far as I'm concerned, was a breeze, though some merchants in the North End and along Newbury Street were whining.<p>Traffic was a non-issue, though I never have to deal with rush hours. Hell, the slowest I went through the I-93 southbound tunnel during the DNC was 65 mph. Most days, I'm lucky if I hit 10 mph.<p>If you're ever back in town, stop by the Herald.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]