Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Eric] Clapton Is God Dept.
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:23 am 

After the White Sox sent six men to the plate to score one run and go ahead 3-2 in the eighth, Miguel Olivo tied it again at 3-all when he homered off Buehrle’s first pitch of the bottom of the eighth.

“If we didn’t win the game, I’d be (angrier),” said Buehrle.
(AP)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: [Eric] Clapton Is God Dept.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:40 am 

An "awkward moment" for Palin had occurred during her visit, Letterman said, when "her daughter was knocked up by [Yankees third baseman] Alex Rodriguez" during the seventh inning of the baseball game she and her family were attending. (Washington Post)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:44 am 

'To talk to Colon, you got to talk to 20 different people. You got to talk to 30 different cousins of his agent who talks to his brother, his brother calls his wife, his wife says he's with Pedro, Pedro says he's with Juan. I guarantee you, I'll call [President] Obama, and we'll have a talk before Colon answers the phone. (Chicago Sun-Times)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:28 am 

[Jesus] Christ, this is awful.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 am 

Jake Peavy was one of three new faces to be thrown into the Central Division race before the trade deadline, and manager Ozzie Guillen believes the White Sox stole the show as far as the division moves were concerned. “The Twins got better because they got Cabby (Orlando Cabrera),” Guillen said. “Obviously, (pitcher Jarrod) Washburn should help Detroit. And, obviously, I think a lot of people talk about the trade because we trade for (Jake) Peavy, that’s huge. With all due respect to other players and other organizations, I think we made the biggest one, or the more impact(ful) one. (Yahoo Sports)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]