Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Amazing Coincidence"
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:57 pm 

Michael Miner writes of an amazing coincidence in the June 14 Chicago Tribune:<p>Tempo, June 14: "Dear Amy: I am a single female in my late 30s. I've worked on the second shift my whole adult life. My only friends are people I've met from work. . . . Any suggestions on how a single person such as myself can get other single people who work the second and third shifts together? -- Single on the Second Shift"<p>Tempo, June 14: "Dear Cheryl: I'm in my late 30s. I've worked on the second shift my whole adult life. The only friends that I have are work friends. . . . Where do single adults that work second and third shift go to meet other singles? -- Night Owl"<p>"I actually think it is an amazing coincidence," says Amy Dickinson -- the alternative being that someone was making mischief. "She publishes three times a week. I publish seven times a week. And we both work two or three weeks ahead. For the same letter to land on both our laps and in both our columns -- it's amazing." <p>***What's amazing is that no editors caught this before the June 14 Tempo was published.***

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: "Amazing Coincidence"
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:49 pm 

"Dear Blanp: I am in my late (mumble mumble). I've worked on the second shift my whole adult life. My only friends are people I've met from work. . . . Any suggestions on how a single person such as myself can get other single people who work the second and third shifts together? -- Single on the Second Shift"

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]