Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: I'm Catholic, but ...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:07 pm 

I'm Catholic, but I've never felt like the religion puts a ball and chain on me. Maybe I'm just one of those crazy, John Kerry supporting, liberal Cahtholics. If you can, ignore the pickier errors in this article from my fine publication, and note the contents of the sixth graf.<p>***
Father Bill says goodbye
-Daily Pilot<p>A beloved Catholic priest bid farewell to his parish on Sunday with laughs and tears from his congregation. <p>Msgr. William McLaughlin, better known as Father Bill by his parishioners, began his service at Our Lady Queen of Angels in 1984. He plans return to Ireland, where he spent his youth, after 46 years in the priesthood. <p>Listening to confessions made him feel part of the community.<p>"I enjoyed listening to the goodness of our people as they confess their sins … as they bare their souls to a priest," said McLaughlin. <p>He even enjoyed them when they were "foul smelling," which produced one of many laughs from the pews.<p>McLaughlin told his prisoners that he was grateful for the 20 years that he had to serve the parish.<p>The gathering to say goodbye was so large that it overflowed out of the church's doors with many parents carrying their children in their arms.<p>When his informal goodbye was complete he was given a standing ovation.
***<p>I hope that no one read that article before it went to print.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]