Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Little Town
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:01 am 

SCHENECTADY — The Denver Nuggets basketball jersey was unacceptable, but a New Jersey Nets T-shirt was.
On a recent day, a visitor to the Schenectady County jail was refused entry because of his sleeveless NBA basketball jersey violated the jail’s longstanding visitor dress code policy.
He returned a short time later with the Nets T-shirt, acceptable attire under the dress code, and was allowed in.
The Schenectady County Jail has had a dress code for visitors for at least 10 years and officials say it helps keep decorum during inmate visits by keeping revealing attire from the facility.
(Daily Gazette of Schenectady, N.Y.)<p>***Someone's been getting story assignments from Al's Morning Meeting. Never mind that there is no news in the jail dress code, which has been in force for "at least 10 years."***<p>SCHENECTADY — The Denver Nuggets basketball jersey was unacceptable, but a New Jersey Nets T-shirt was.<p>***"Was" what?***

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: My Little Town
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:20 am 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by blanp:
[i] SCHENECTADY —
On a recent day, a visitor to the Schenectady County jail was refused entry because of his sleeveless NBA basketball jersey violated the jail’s longstanding visitor dress code policy.
<hr></blockquote>
I sure hope this was your slip of the finger.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:23 am 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SusanV:

<hr></blockquote><p>Sadly, no.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:19 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SusanV:

<hr></blockquote><p>Second base.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:01 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jim Bond:
<p>Second base.<hr></blockquote> Huh?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]