Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: TCE milestone
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:02 pm 

One notes that young_one is #403

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: TCE milestone
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:45 pm 

For reasons I cannot explain, the count that matters is the one on the main forum page. The next registrant will be No. 400.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:20 am 

Curious but in any event ..... On my screen ..... Registered Members: 400
Welcome to our newest member: Eric Edits .<p>And he has a home page<p>Take a bow member #1 and partners in crime.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:45 pm 

I am a latecomer to this fabulous, informative forum. And if I may say (write): I am very appreciative that not only does this site exist, but also that it is as active as it is. I learn here every time I visit. Many thanks. Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:39 pm 

And you can all be pretty entertaining as well. And this is a nice thing about this site: If I go to it while I'm at work... it feels like a legitimate place to be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:42 am 

ditto

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:37 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by car copy:
And this is a nice thing about this site: If I go to it while I'm at work... it feels like a legitimate place to be.<hr></blockquote>Yup. If questioned, you can just say, "So-and-so wrote such-and-such, and it's not in the Stylebook, but there was a thread on it here." What are they gonna say?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:01 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>And this is a nice thing about this site: If I go to it while I'm at work... it feels like a legitimate place to be.<hr></blockquote><p>If you go to it while at work? Perhaps that should be when you go to it while at work?<p>That's how it is for me ... as has been stated, it's both very informative and very entertaining. Definitely my new favorite site.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:46 pm 

My senior colleagues encourage the use of this site and others for professional development. Some of the things posted here are used as hand-outs for reporters. All a bit of a worry really.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:50 pm 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paul Wiggins:
My senior colleagues encourage the use of this site and others for professional development. Some of the things posted here are used as hand-outs for reporters. All a bit of a worry really.<hr></blockquote><p>You might remind someone that this Web site and its contents are ©1999-2004 Phillip Blanchard. (Any proceeds will be used to defray the expense of the International Conference.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:05 am 

Wiggins wrote
<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Curious but in any event ..... On my screen ..... Registered Members: 400
Welcome to our newest member: Eric Edits .<hr></blockquote><p>Yes, welcome Eric. <p>I can tell you all, though, that he's been lurking here a while.<p>Hey Eric -- don't bring up how much we all don't make on top of our vacation-policy screwing or we'll never get outta this place.<p>Good thing we won't have to come up with a lot of cash to get to the International Conference, especially if we carpool.<p>Congratulations for the milestone, No. 1. Your evangelizing at ACES must have worked.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]