Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is that a tall or a grande sidestep?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:31 pm 

From the "Dr. Ink" column at Poynter:<p>"...For decades, we white journalists have rolled the rock up the mountain of Caucasian privilege. You know, my white brothers, of what I speak: the privilege to sit in the newsroom on our scrawny white asses, avoid eye contact with our editors, promise to "get to that assignment" when we have a chance, and (these days) slip out for a venti double mocha nonfat latte -- in short, the privilege to sidestep any challenge to our deeply ingrained right to mediocrity. No, we shall not be moved. 'Cause we own the place. ..."<p>I beg your pardon. I've never had a venti double mocha nonfat latte in my life. Warmed-over Folgers with something from the air ducts floating in it is my usual fare. Am I missing something common in other newsrooms?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Is that a tall or a grande sidestep?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:37 pm 

You need to get out more! Or do they have you chained to your desk? (grin)<p>[ March 24, 2004: Message edited by: SusanV ]</p>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]