Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Greetings From ...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:59 pm 

Everyone:<p>I am a copy editor with a daily newspaper (daily circulation 16,000 plus, Sunday 18,000 plus) in the Upper Midwest, and, as is my practice for every forum I register in, thought I would briefly introduce myself.<p>I've been with my newspaper for more than five years now and have good co-workers. I'm also one of those "jack-of-all-trades" kind of copy editors, responsible not only for story editing, but layout as well. When I'm not working, I enjoy reading, online discussion, strategy gaming (Civilization II rocks!) and doing a bit of fiction writing.<p>I've enjoyed the posts (and posters!) I've read at this forum. It's not often one comes upon a fairly active forum dedicated to copy editors and sprinkled through with shop talk (or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough).<p>Gatekeeper<p>-30-

Post subject: Re: Greetings From ...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:28 pm 

Welcome, Gatekeeper, to Civilization 1.0

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:19 pm 

You know this means you're buying the next round.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:16 am 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jjmoney62:
Welcome, Gatekeeper, to Civilization 1.0<hr></blockquote><p>It's a good feeling. I did some additional searching on the Internet, and I do believe this forum may be one-of-a-kind.<p>Gatekeeper<p>-30-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:19 am 

<blockquote><font size="1" face="TImes, TimesNR, serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jackie:
You know this means you're buying the next round.<hr></blockquote><p>**LOL** I love tradition, although I'd have to partake of diet soda or water. Spirits are strictly reserved for the holidays for me. ;) <p>Gatekeeper<p>-30-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]