Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: You write, we'll decide.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:39 pm 

Chicago Tribune columnist David Greising:<p>Two months ago, the editors decided to move the column off of the front page. My gut told me, almost immediately, that I didn't want to write for Page 2. Eight weeks of trying has not changed my mind
What went missing, in my view, was the sense of impact, the notion that the column mattered enough to deserve prominent display. The column sought to challenge readers--from the CEO's suite to the production line--to think about the way business decisions are made, and the impact those decisions have.
With the column inside the Business section, I was no longer confident that readers could be compelled to care. So it seemed time to make a switch.
<p>***How about: "David, it's none of your business where we choose to run your column. We'll put it on the obit spill page if we want to. If you don't like that, go across the street.***

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]