Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: You can't stop the buzz, dude
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:05 pm 

From JournalismJobs

I can't resist. It's worth a really long post.

Quote:
This is the chance to offer news and local information the way you’d like to see it! If you’re starting to get goose bumps dude, read on!

Rock on, "dude."

Quote:
Think about what people will be saying one year from now:

“Examiner.com is where I go to find the most compelling local news and information on the web. They showcase both the local and even the national news stories I care about with all of the necessary links to what I need to know.”

“I love the commentary on our local community. I really appreciate the honest, fresh, controversial and even irreverent viewpoints. It offers the kind of balance I really appreciate.

“The photographs are incredible! They obviously do their research and scour all of the relevant multimedia sites for the best local information.”

“The Local City Guide” is my trusted resource for finding information on restaurants, events, movies, nightlight, shopping, traffic, weather, local government and yellow pages. This is where I go when I want to find out what’s happening.”

Quote:
You can work from your home office, an internet café or just about anywhere else with an internet connection. If you work from home, dress is optional. Outside of the office, dress is required, at least pajamas.

Stop it! You're killing me!

Quote:
If you meet our qualifications we’ll give you a call. Otherwise, perhaps we’ll catch you another time.

Yes. Perhaps.

Post subject: Re: You can't stop the buzz, dude
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:35 am 

Quote:
You can work from your home office, an internet café or just about anywhere else with an internet connection. If you work from home, dress is optional. Outside of the office, dress is required, at least pajamas.

As noon nears I'm taking a break from my telecommuting. Haven't shaved in three days, and I'm wearing what I slept in.
I do tidy up a bit before my weekly trips to the downtown office.

Not much else about my job resembles the one listed, though. Guess I'm not "super star" material.

Rock on, cobra_kai!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: You can't stop the buzz, dude
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:17 am 

Quote:

At an early stage of web development I used to edit on the seat of a Sydney Route 408 bus. Then I rememembered the destination was Rookwood sign was.

{Thus the expression Crook as Rookwood to indicate one is unwell.]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 am 

You'll have to work in your pajamas. Considering the 120-hour weeks they clearly expect you to put in, it might be the only chance you get to wear them. Some jobs let you work from home; others turn your home into an office you can't escape. This strikes me as the latter.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:09 am 

Dear Mr. Wiggins,

I regret to inform you that you have killed the buzz. Funeral arrangements will be announced at a later date.

Best regards, L

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]