Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Manifestly not for me
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:08 pm 

From journalismjobs.com:

Quote:
The Beaver County Times, a 45,000-circulation daily just down river from America's most livable city of Pittsburgh, needs a culturally literate thinker who can display the news with style and grace for our suburban, commuter market. If you have a discerning eye and mind and a genuine interest in what the hell is really going on, you'll want to work here. Special consideration given to those who can tell a Rembrandt from a Warhol. Send your manifesto to Keith Briscoe, executive editor, The Beaver County Times, 400 Fair Ave., Beaver PA 15009.

***manifesto***

P.S. I can tell a Rembrandt from a Warhol, but I'm slow at layout and am a lot better at appreciating good design than I am at producing it.

P.P.S. When it comes to job descriptions, can we now put "most livable city" in the same category with "award-winning newspaper"?

Post subject: Re: Manifestly not for me
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:08 pm 

longwords wrote:
From journalismjobs.com:

Quote:
The Beaver County Times, a 45,000-circulation daily just down river from America's most livable city of Pittsburgh, needs a culturally literate thinker who can display the news with style and grace for our suburban, commuter market. If you have a discerning eye and mind and a genuine interest in what the hell is really going on, you'll want to work here. Special consideration given to those who can tell a Rembrandt from a Warhol. Send your manifesto to Keith Briscoe, executive editor, The Beaver County Times, 400 Fair Ave., Beaver PA 15009.

***manifesto***

P.S. I can tell a Rembrandt from a Warhol, but I'm slow at layout and am a lot better at appreciating good design than I am at producing it.

P.P.S. When it comes to job descriptions, can we now put "most livable city" in the same category with "award-winning newspaper"?

A Rembrandt from a Warhol? Is that like being able to tell the difference between Mozart and the Sex Pistols?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:41 pm 

I s'pose he could make it a little harder ...

Perhaps a Van Eyck from a Franz Hals ... a Renoir from a Pisarro ...

Oh, I've got it! A dictionary from a thesaurus!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:33 pm 

Unless the designer (and it is a design job) were using clip art, what difference does it make if he/she can tell the differences among any artists?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]