Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Career Center"
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:13 pm 

[url=http://careers.poynter.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=2532616]
IMMEDIATE PART TIME JOB OFFER!!!!!!!!
[/url]

Quote:
Description
Mike Artwork Address: - 13 dalberg way abbeywood,london,Se2 9sl UK Rc:120032 Email: mike_scottartwork@hotmail.com My name is Mike Scott,I am an artist, I live in United Kingdom, with my two kids, four cats, one dog and the love of my life. It is
definitely a full house. I have been doing artwork since I was a small child. That gives me about 23 years of experience. I majored in art in high school and took a few college art courses. Most of my work is done in either pencil or airbrush mixed with color pencils. I have recently added designing and creating artwork on the computer. I have been selling my art works for the last 3 years and have had a lot of my works featured on trading cards, prints and in magazines.I have sold in galleries and to private collectors from all over the world and i get paid without hassles. I am always facing serious difficulties when it comes to selling my art works to Americans,owing to the fact that they mostly offer to pay with a US POSTAL MONEY ORDER, which is difficult for me to cash here in The United Kingdom. And also the cost of coming to the state and getting payments is very expensive,though i am currently working on setting up a branch in the States. In view of the above i am in urgent need of a representative in the united states who will be handling the payment aspect,by recieving my payments on my behalf from my American clients .It is as a result of the above that we came up with the idea of looking for a responsible and competent person(s) who will be of assistance to me in this area,whom i can entrust my payments upon and who will cash them immediately he/she recieves them and forward the Monies to me here in theU.K via Moneygram Or Western Union International Money Transfer. What i need from you is just to recieve the payments and take them to your local bank or check cashing facility and cash them immediately and deduct your own commission. I are prepared to offer a commission of 10% to you persons on any payments recieved and cashed,and i shall increase the commission from time to time based on your competenceand efficiency. This does not stop you from doing your normal job,it's just for you to take deliveries of payments and cash them and transfer the money to me here in the U.K via Moneygram Or Western Union International Money Transfer. May i not fail to inform you that you have to assure me that any payments you recieve will be instantly cashed and transfered immediately,as i are just starting this set up and i would not like a situation where people will make away ou squander my hard earned money,so please asure me that all will be well in this business arrangement. What the job entails is for you to: (A) Receive Payments on our Behalf from out American Debtors;such payments shall come in the form of Official Checks,Cashiers Checks ,Postal Money Orders and Bank drafts,all of which shall be issued in the USA. (B) Cash such payments (C) Transfer the monies via Moneygram Or Western Union International Money Transfer. It wouldn't cost you any amount, You are to receive payments which will be sent to you by fedex or usps courier service from my debtors, which would come in form of a United States Postal Money Order then you are to cash it deduct your own 10% commission and send the balance to me via western union money transfer or money gram money transfer,all transfer fees should be deducted from the money.On acceptance of this offer please get back to me with the following: (A) Your FULL NAMES (B) ADDRESS DETAILS,PLEASE NO P.O BOXES (C) HOME AND WORK PHONE NUMBERS (INCLUDING CELL PHONE NUMBER) (D) AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THIS REQUEST. Once I get these details I will forward them from time to time to my clients who will then issue out the payments in your favour and send it to you for cashing.This is a completely legal thing in as much as you prove your honesty by acting to instructions,people have made away with my monies in the past and i am trying to be carfeful this time around.You can cash the check wherever you choose,i know they charge commission at the cashing facilities,it's okay if you go cash them there. Please get back to me immediately as i have a lot of payments to recieve and as soon as you send me your home address details i will instruct that my debtors start issuing out the payments to you.

Employer Information
About Ericson Ycoy
Mike Artwork Address: - 13 dalberg way abbeywood,london,Se2 9sl UK Rc:120032 Email: mike_scottartwork@hotmail.com My name is Mike Scott,I am an artist, I live in United Kingdom, with my two kids, four cats, one dog and the love of my life. It is definitely a full house. I have been doing artwork since I was a small child. That gives me about 23 years of experience.

Post subject: Slaes -- in the public relations department
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:06 pm 

At the same site, today's (Sunday's) post is for "slaes" by one Scott Smith who says "i nedd a person that is very hosnest and hard working easy going person." Yep; that's how it's written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:22 pm 

"Slaes"...is thtat a typo for slaves?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:38 am 

Of course this job ad is directed toward journalists. It takes 25 inches to say what you could get across in three sentences.

Bumfketeer wrote:
"Slaes"...is thtat a typo for slaves?

I would believe they were going for "sales."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:42 am 

I read this thing, and my first thought was that the address was going to be somewhere in Nigeria. Does it not have the same ring as so many of those scams we have become familiar with?
Needing to set up a system of some kind in the United States, money involved . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:35 am 

I can't help but love any job ad that assures, "This is a completely legal thing." Those papers that want 5 years of experience for a $15,000 salary ought to try the same approach.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:41 pm 

This isn't a job ad, it's a scam, and it doesn't say much for Poynter that they'd inflict it on potentially unsuspecting readers. Why on earth would you need to "hire" someone to process payments for you via Western Union when you can just ... have your "clients" pay you via Western Union in the first place?

Post subject: Scam
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:28 pm 

And it's the second scam ad to appear on Poynter in recent weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:01 pm 

Overall, good rule of thumb is that anything labled "career" isn't. Think of career-training, career school, careers classified sections. The word's pretty universally used nowadays to mean "technical job" at best, "crap job" most often.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]