Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 'Fun' Redefined
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:08 pm 

Company: Ellora's Cave Publishing
Position: Fun Job for Out of Work Journalists

Description:
Ellora's Cave, the premier publisher of erotic romance novels, seeks professional copy editors and content/development editors. Pay is per word and checks are issued every other week. Content editor rate is USD $0.0075 cents per word and copy editor pay is $0.00175 per word ($0.0015 per word during training). Book lengths range from 10,000 to 120,000 words
. (JournalismJobs.com)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 'Fun' Redefined
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:07 pm 

$15 to $180 for a "book"? Is the assumption that the supposed self-gratification aspect is worth more than money? (Incidentally, this is a good place to use basis points to make everything sound better.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 'Fun' Redefined
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:29 pm 

I'm sort of the king of "Hey, that's not completely awful" around here, I guess, but even I wouldn't sign on for that project.

I might reconsider if I knew that the content/development editors made sure the prose was semi-passable (or that the company's standards were low) so that I could do the whole thing on a single, fast pass. I can sort of see blazing through 120K words in two days for $210 after the "training" period, but the odds of getting a complete mess and orders to make it readable are too great IMHO.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]