Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: ... and copy-editing experience would be nice.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 pm 

Temporary position for a "Copy Editor III." Listing reads as follows:
Quote:
* Copy Editor III
* Seattle, WA

Please send resumes to pat@h10capital.com or call 206-518-5019

Job qualifications:

- Outstanding writing skills*you must be able to write clear and engaging content in a variety of contexts.

- Ability to translate the Voice you develop into clear guidelines and a *toolkit* others can leverage.

- Creativity coupled with an ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines; ability to own a project from start to finish.

- The ability to think analytically and strategically about content*you should be comfortable measuring content performance in quantitative as well as qualitative forms, and able to apply key learning to the next project.

- Strong detail orientation. Previous copy edit experience is a plus

I don't understand the practical applications of half of the qualifications the company is seeking; clearly, though, experience in the "copy edit" department is ancillary to be a Copy Editor III (makes one wonder what the requirements for a Copy Editor II are ... "encountered one or more phrases in life"?)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ... and copy-editing experience would be nice.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:16 pm 

you should be comfortable measuring content performance in quantitative as well as qualitative forms

Sounds to me like they're looking for a human factors expert. How many copy editors of any type "measure content performance"?

Strong detail orientation.

Seems to me, Powderhorn, that this is what makes it Copy Editor III. Copy Editor II would require "Detail orientation," and Copy Editor I would require "Orientation."

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]