Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Times Change Dept.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:12 pm 

The Uintah Basin Standard in Roosevelt, Utah, is currently seeking a motivated editor to lead its newsroom.
The Standard is an award winning weekly paper with a paid circulation approaching 5,700. We cover it all – the oil and gas industry, county and city government, cops and courts, civic events, and community happenings. If you've got a passion for producing community journalism at its finest, we want to talk to you.
The requirements for this position are simple: We want someone who can turn a dull press release into a journalistic gem; someone who is well versed in AP style; someone comfortable interviewing everyone from the governor to the kindergarten class president; and someone handy with a camera or not afraid to learn.
As the editor you'll also be responsible for making weekly story assignments, managing two full-time reporters and three correspondents, covering your own beats, writing your own stories and the editorial, and a bevy of other responsibilities too numerous to list.
If you're interested in this position, please respond to this ad before someone else does.
(JournalismJobs.com)

*** Another offering that not so long ago would have been a Nightmare Job of the Week but now is among the most attractive of advertised jobs. ***

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Times Change Dept.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:56 pm 

The circle continues to narrow closer and closer to Great Falls.

Money means nothing. Just about any job will pay you just enough to live humanely in that town.

I'm closing in on my seventh anniversary in the high desert of the Southwest and I'm still grateful every day for being allowed to live in paradise, a place I came to for half the salary I'd been making just a few years earlier.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]