Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Job market [funny-papers division]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:08 am 

Since our maximum leader's in the UAE, Trudeau must mean another hot copy editor.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 am 

I don't know quite how to take that.

Trudeau apparently doesn't understand, incidentally, that if there is a "hot little copy editor" at the Post -- and I suppose there is -- she would have no interest in a 33-year veteran buyout candidate.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:46 pm 

Ah, but would the 33-year veteran buyout candidate understand that?

Will a heart be broken? Will the buyout money go for a little red sports car? Will the hottie challenge Rick's last lead? Or will the pixel-packin' pair inspire monthly salacious blurbs in Washingtonian magazine?

Tune in tomorrow for ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:50 pm 

Phillip Blanchard wrote:
Trudeau apparently doesn't understand, incidentally, that if there is a "hot little copy editor" at the Post -- and I suppose there is -- she would have no interest in a 33-year veteran buyout candidate.

Were the hot little copy editors kept on when the grizzled 33-year veterans were let go, one wonders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:46 pm 

lfelaco wrote:
Phillip Blanchard wrote:

Were the hot little copy editors kept on when the grizzled 33-year veterans were let go, one wonders?

I don't know how the Post did it, but The Star, in its last round of layoffs, let go the youngest, newest member of the news copy desk. As well as yours truly, the youngest person in the art department. And dozens more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:26 am 

Jonathan Kleinow wrote:
lfelaco wrote:
Phillip Blanchard wrote:

I don't know how the Post did it, but The Star, in its last round of layoffs, let go the youngest, newest member of the news copy desk. As well as yours truly, the youngest person in the art department. And dozens more.

My contact at the Fort Worth paper reports that the least senior on their copy desk were slated for layoffs as well (but enough people took buyouts that it didn't come to that). So it was probably a McClatchy thing, FWIW.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]