Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: From the self-love beat [putting the I in interviewer]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm 

Quote:
Frank Ocean did not want to ride in my rented Ford Fusion; that much was clear. After I parked the car, he met me outside his modernist apartment building in Los Angeles and led me to the garage where he rents three parking spots for three different BMWs. He was dressed casually — gray hoodie, jeans, high-top Vans with red laces, baseball cap — and he jumped lightly from the curb to the parking blocks as we walked toward his late-model blue BMW M3. Ocean no longer had driving privileges as a result of some recent violations, on top of which he was cited for marijuana possession a few weeks earlier. “You can drive,” he said, though I could tell that it was killing him.

At our first official interview earlier in the day,
[Times]

and on and on, world without end. Plenty of mes and wes, and you'll be glad to learn that of the 131,000 copies of an album sold in its first week, the author bought one. Bonuses: The Times couldn't resist the cover line HOW MUCH DEEPER CAN FRANK OCEAN GO? [Ocean, deep; get it?] The writer couldn't resist putting the cover on his own website.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]