Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Trapped in Time
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:32 pm 

I rarely dredge up my past around here, but I was looking for something else tonight and learned by accident that Chris Farlekas, a columnist for the Middletown (N.Y.) Times Herald-Record, is dishing out essentially the same drivel as he did nearly 30 years ago when I worked at that benighted newspaper. I understand how someone might never get any better, and I understand better than anyone a lack of ambition. What I don't understand is why any newspaper, even the TH-R, would keep running a columnist so devoid of ideas and so brimming with banality. The TH-R probably would say something like, "He resonates with readers!" In truth, Chris could disappear tomorrow and be replaced by any one of dozens of mediocrities, and no one would tell the difference.<p>Chris Farlekas archive here.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]