Testy Copy Editors

Our new website is up and running at testycopyeditors.org. This board will be maintained as an archive. Please visit the new site and register. Direct questions to the proprietor, blanp@testycopyeditors.org
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Banner day for the Hartford Freakin' Courant
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:38 pm 
From today's AP wire:<p>"NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — A high school student has scooped the reporters trying to get prison interviews with Michael Skakel.<
Earlier this month, Samantha Ueckerman received a four-page, handwritten letter from Skakel, a nephew of the late Robert F. Kennedy who in August was sentenced to 20 years to life in prison for the 1975 beating death of Martha Moxley.<
Skakel proclaims his innocence in the letter and talks about the anguish of being separated from his 3-year-old son, George.<
“I honestly believe he thinks he did not do it,” Ueckerman, 16, told The Hartford Courant. “He feels he's not guilty and he's been falsely accused and he's there for no reason.”<p>*** Not only do they employ that plagiaristic dink Rinker Buck, but they get scooped on the hottest story going in their own backyard by a high school kid -- and have to resort to a dubious secondhand account from her. Nice going, losers.

Post subject: Re: Banner day for the Hartford Freakin' Courant
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:40 pm 
More from the same story:<p>Ueckerman received a second letter from Skakel on Friday.<
“He mentions again that he does not talk to the press at all,” she said. “But since I'm as young as I am, I have more integrity than people who've been in journalism longer.”<<p>*** Talk about a verbal rimshot!

Post subject: Re: Banner day for the Hartford Freakin' Courant
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:01 pm 

I can't imagine anything that man might say being of any interest to anyone other than, perhaps, a reader of celebrity magazines. That said, nice work by the kid who, incidentally, just might be lucky he's behind bars.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]